Choosing Appropriate Clothes & Dresses for Weddings and Other Formal Occasions
Weddings are one formal affair that should be given proper consideration especially on the proper attire. Of course it depends on the time of the year, as well as the type of wedding and its location.
Here are some tips to help you on this area.
- When attending a wedding during the daytime or if its location is on a beach or garden, avoid wearing dark color suits and dresses. Also, wear clothes that are lightweight or in fabrics of cotton, and linen suits which are cool and comfortable during the day;
- During Winter, choose clothes in dark colors like suits and blazers, cashmere v-neck sweater with shirt and tie underneath are good choices;
- If it is an evening wedding, wear clothes in dark or black color. A tuxedo is the only attire to be worn during the evening but should not be worn before 5 p.m.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too casual such as jeans, cargo pants;
- Do not out-dress the wedding entourage, especially the bride and groom;
- Do not wear un-ironed clothes and unpolished shoes.